Wayne County 4-H
Our Pingree Farms Summer program is in full swing. We are currently working with twenty-four Detroit students who are learning about, raising, training, and grooming a variety of Pingree Farms animals. They are doing an incredible job and have hopes of exhibiting their animals that they have worked so hard with to Wayne County Fair in August. Our students do not have the means to complete this project on their own and cover all of the expenses that are incurred while raising and exhibiting farm animals. To make this wish come true we desperately need your help.
Please partner with us to send a student who would otherwise not be able to attend and their animals to the Wayne County Fair.
CLICK HERE to see photos and video of Pingree kids at last year’s Wayne County Fair!
Your generous donation will provide…
- An opportunity for a Detroit student to exhibit their animals and participate at a full week of the Wayne County Fair.
- Transportation for the student to get to and from the Fair.
- Provide housing and meals for the students while at the fair.
- Cover registration fees to enter classes.
- Show clothing.
The benefits of this program are tremendous!
- Students learn the basics of animal care and husbandry.
- Students learn respect for and how to care for living creatures.
- Students are exposed to an environment that they are not familiar with which broadens their view and experience of their world.
- Students research and learn how to present themselves and be judged on their performance.
- Students explore potential career opportunities.
- Students learn important skills like responsibility, teamwork, sportsmanship, and hard work.
Your generous tax deductible donation is greatly appreciated.
To donate, click on an amount below:
Includes all fair fees, transportation, meals, housing, and clothing.
Grab a friend and each chip in half!
Get a student closer to participation!