Wayne County 4-H
Each summer, Pingree Farms runs a program for Detroit students who want to learning about raising, training and grooming a variety of farm animals. One of the goals of the program is to make it possible for these students to exhibit their animals at the Wayne County Fair which takes place each August. Most of our students do not have the means to cover all the expenses involved in raising and exhibiting farm animals. To make it possible for these kids to get to Fair, we need your help.
Please partner with us to send a student to the Wayne County Fair by making a tax-deductible contribution today!
CLICK HERE to see photos and video of Pingree kids at past Wayne County Fairs!
Your generous donation will provide…
- An opportunity for a Detroit student to exhibit their animals and participate at a full week of the Wayne County Fair.
- Transportation for the student to get to and from the Fair.
- Provide housing and meals for the students while at the fair.
- Cover registration fees to enter classes.
- Show clothing.
The benefits of this program are tremendous!
- Students learn the basics of animal care and husbandry.
- Students learn respect for and how to care for living creatures.
- Students are exposed to an environment that they are not familiar with which broadens their view and experience of their world.
- Students research and learn how to present themselves and be judged on their performance.
- Students explore potential career opportunities.
- Students learn important skills like responsibility, teamwork, sportsmanship, and hard work.
Your generous tax deductible donation is greatly appreciated.
To donate, click on an amount below:
Includes all fair fees, transportation, meals, housing, and clothing.